What is Syndigo (Riversand) Master Data Management (MDM)?
“Syndigo (Riversand) is the foundation of our digital-first strategy, giving us the structure and governance to manage 10K products, 40 retail outlets, web offers, and an omnichannel environment in the UK.”ARCO
Master Data is the golden record of data that fuels an enterprise’s ecosystem. It relates to customers, suppliers, products, parts, employees, materials, locations, recipes, and more. An MDM platform consolidates all this information in a single, trusted source of master data which is critical to managing and successfully scaling a business.
With Syndigo Riversand’s future-ready Master Data Management platform, organizations can manage, & govern master data intelligently, optimize your supply chain, create highly engaged customers & drive powerful digital commerce with a unified multi-domain solution.
The true power of MDM is in connecting interactions between multiple data domains. Syndigo is a unified, multi-domain MDM, which ties together customer, location, and product information. For example, an item’s Product domain (attributes, weights and measures, branding) can connect to its Customer domain (materials suppliers, distributors, retailers) as well as the Location domain (all the places where business is transacted).
Common Pain Points that act as MDM project drivers
- Gaps in data governance
- Gaps in master data definition
- Delays in product onboarding and market launch, delays in customer/supplier onboarding
- Regulatory and compliance issues
- Merger and acquisition (M&A) process and data issues
- Data quality, consistency, and synchronization issues
- Lack of robust data validation and data quality metrics
Drive digital transformation with Syndigo (Riversand) MDM
Golden Core MDM
AI powered platform: Create, Validate, Govern: Align your entire organization to create and launch ultra-personalized products and services quickly with a modern cloud-native master data architecture.
Next gen architecture: Location, Vendor, Parts: Tackle complex issues and easily share accurate views of data between business functions and applications including product, vendor, asset, location and pricing in a single centralized platform.
What are the key features of Syndigo (Riversand) MDM?
- Increased accuracy: Maintain complete and accurate data, critical to driving process efficiency & customer satisfaction.
- Improved efficiencies: Develop data structures that improve workflows, and governance, reduce cost & complexity.
- Scale to new markets: Ensure data is connected in meaningful ways and flows from internal data sources (suppliers) to purchase sites so brands can expand & capture new markets quickly.
- Ensure consistency: Easily manage product definitions & hierarchies, improve governance, develop a flexible taxonomy to ensure consistency and understanding.
The lack of clean data is a significant business challenge for users. Modern MDM solutions are purpose built to solve enterprise wide master data challenges and define a clean, consistent and a trusted “golden record” of master data.
A mature, enterprise grade MDM solution like Syndigo (Riversand) will have the following core features
Match & Merge and golden record creation
Ability to define complex data matching and survivorship rules assuming data is coming into the MDM from multiple source systems. This should include both deterministic and fuzzy (probabilistic) rules. Once the match is performed a golden record is created in the system.
Data quality reporting and rules
Ability to show the quality of data via visual dashboards/reports and the ability to define the data quality rules.
External third-party/Industry integrations/Connectors
- Address validation in case of customer master data, supplier master data
- Salesforce dot com (SFDC) integration for contacts and accounts integration
- Integration with Dun & Bradstreet for business data and credit worthiness
- Integration with data pools
Data Governance/Workflow capabilities
- Process definition/ rules around how master data will be onboarded, reviewed and approved in the system. This includes complex process flows and role based permissions on who can view the data vs who can update and delete the data (CRUD operations).
MDM architectural styles support
Flexible data model
- Ability to define your own data structures (attributes, hierarchies, list of values etc.)
Who needs MDM?
- Manufacturers & Brands
- Retailers & Distributors
- Fashion & Lifestyle
- Automotive Aftermarket
What is the StrikeTru’s Syndigo (Riversand) implementation advantage?
Based upon our expertise with hundreds of PIM, MDM & DAM deployments, our goal is to provide your online business with premium support through best practice based operational processes and services delivered by proficient technical leads and subject matter experts.
Syndigo (Riversand)Implementation Accelerator & Toolkit: StrikeTru has developed a reusable set of accelerators and toolkits based on 11+ years of experience working on Syndigo (Riversand)projects. We share this knowledge with our clients and partners to help reduce implementation risk and speed up project delivery. Learn more.
Expert pool of Syndigo (Riversand)experts: We have 10+ years of expertise with Syndigo (Riversand)PIM & MDM and worked with 20+ successful clients and hands-on experience on 8x,7x and 6x versions and have successfully implemented over 20 Syndigo (Riversand)projects for global companies of all sizes across industries.
Custom API based Integrations: We have integrated Syndigo (Riversand) solutions with a variety of enterprise systems including ERP, PLM, DAM, Cloud Storage, Data Aggregator, Data Pool, WMS, Translation, Ecommerce, Product Feed, and other systems.
Best-of-breed: We have a strong hold within MDM, PIM, Supplier, Vendor Portal, Syndications, Multi-domain implementations and global rollouts.