The Shopify to Akeneo Catalog Migration Tool helps Shopify store owners transfer all their catalog into Akeneo PIM, so they can both improve and scale eCommerce catalog management efforts. Most store owners manage catalog directly in Shopify which is typically a manual, time-consuming, multi-step, and disconnected process, which involves multiple spreadsheets and image repositories. Managing your catalog in a single PIM system is the way to go. It offers flexibility and productivity features to allow store owners to grow product and attribute counts without having to hire more people. Akeneo PIM is the ideal PIM solution and companion for Shopify store owners that want to scale their online business.
Before store owners can use Akeneo PIM, they must migrate their entire product catalog accurately into the PIM. This involves transferring all Shopify catalog structures (attributes, collections, metafields, options, etc), configuring additional catalog structures in PIM (families, variant families, association types, channels, locale, etc.), and transferring product and variant level data, options fields, images, and videos.
This migration involves Shopify data and digital asset extraction, manual transformation, and multi-step loading into the Akeneo PIM system. Multiple rounds of migration and configuration testing are typical in such projects in order to validate data and ensure successful outcomes. Store owners should be intimately familiar with both tool features, and expect to spend a fair amount of time doing this migration, particularly in case of large catalogs. In some cases, data migrations can stall projects indefinitely and affect the launch of your digital growth initiatives.
With StrikeTru’s Shopify to Akeneo Catalog Migration Tool, store owners can automate this complex migration with a few simple clicks! This one-and-only tool in the market today takes the cost and complexity out of the data migration process through end-to-end automation.
Once you start using Akeneo PIM to manage eCommerce catalog, we encourage daily synchronization of your product catalog changes from Akeneo PIM into Shopify through our Akeneo PIM Connector for Shopify. You can manage catalog data in the PIM using its powerful data management features, ensuring all product content changes will be reflected in Shopify automatically.
Once you start using PIM to manage eCommerce product data, you would want to synchronize product catalog changes from Akeneo PIM into BigCommerce on a daily basis. Our Akeneo PIM connector for BigCommerce will do just that. You can manage catalog data in the PIM using its powerful data management features and know that all product content changes will be reflected in BigCommerce automatically.
- Configure necessary data structures in Akeneo PIM
- Migrate all metadata, data (including prices & Inventory) and digital assets from Shopify into Akeneo PIM
- Migrate a configurable number of products (e.g. 100 products only for testing)
- Review migration logs for troubleshooting
- Migrate Shopify categories into PIM categories
- Migrate Shopify standard attributes, metafields, SEO fields, and options fields into PIM attributes with appropriate data types
- Migrate Shopify options fields into PIM option attributes
- Set-up PIM families and variant families based on Shopify product options
- Initialize other data structures in Akeneo PIM – attribute group, association type, channel, and locale
- Migrate Shopify products and variants, and simple products into Akeneo PIM
- Assign products to categories in Akeneo PIM
- Migrate structured Shopify catalog (standard attributes, metafields, SEO fields, options fields) into PIM
- Migrate unstructured Shopify catalog (images, videos, and embedded PDF URLs) into PIM
- Migrate Shopify brands into PIM
- Available as a SaaS tool
- Compatible with all versions of Shopify and Akeneo editions
- Uses Shopify and Akeneo APIs
- Automate Akeneo PIM setup by migrating Shopify catalog into Akeneo PIM
- Reduce cost and complexity typically involved in PIM deployment projects
- Create a high-quality and consistent catalog in PIM for all digital channels
- Automate PIM product updates in Shopify by using Use StrikeTru’s Akeneo PIM Connector
- Leverage StrikeTru’s expert data services (onboarding, cleansing, enrichment, syndication) for additional benefits
StrikeTru is a deep expert at eCommerce Data Migration projects and automation is a key component of our approach to data migrations. With our advanced and friction-free pre-built migration tool, you can jump start your PIM setup process so your digital transformation programs get off to a quick start and not get stuck in lengthy and expensive deployment and migration projects.
- Deep domain expertise in data and eCommerce industry
- Significant experience working with Shopify merchants
- End-to-end delivery capabilities (Technology, Data, and Commerce)
- High-touch training and support
Affordable TruPIM for Shopify
Connect your Shopify online store with TruPIM & launch new products to market faster than the competition.Learn More
Akeneo PIM Connector for Shopify Overview
StrikeTru’s powerful integration of Akeneo PIM & Shopify APIs is simple, reliable, and secure. Use our connector and make it to market faster.Learn More
Akeneo PIM Connector for Shopify – Pricing Packages
The full-feature Akeneo Shopify connector is designed for growing businesses. Choose a plan based on your requirements.Learn More