For BigCommerce merchants who want a fast and painless migration, StrikeTru offers a turnkey solution that consolidates individual storefronts into a BigCommerce Multi-Storefront (MSF). Multi-Storefront allows merchants to use a single BigCommerce “store” to power multiple “storefronts”. It can be useful for merchants who have multiple brands or who serve multiple segments (like B2C, B2B, retail, and wholesale segments). BigCommerce Multi-Storefront simplifies catalog management, inventory tracking, order processing, and more, thus saving merchants time and money.
Consolidating individual storefronts into an MSF is a manual process that can be costly, complex, and disruptive to business. A significant challenge is that products, variants, brands, customers, customer groups, etc. may be duplicated across stores and must be matched and merged accurately during BigCommerce Multi-Storefront migration. This is to avoid duplicates and maintain data integrity. Another big challenge is the sheer volume of data that must be transferred to MSF quickly without data loss. Another challenge is that some of the single storefront data can’t be readily ported into MSF (e.g., orders tied to deleted products or customers with bad email IDs), and specific approaches are needed to deal with those data issues. Doing all these requires BigCommerce data migration and match/merge skills.
A manual Multi-Storefront migration effort may look like this:
- Identify individual storefronts to consolidate into MSF
- Backup your individual storefront data sets (products, customers, orders, themes, webpages, email templates, and other data)
- Procure a MSF store. Create multiple storefronts.
- Freeze changes to products, themes, webpages, etc. in your individual storefronts.
- Compare and match data sets (products, variants, brands, customers, customer groups, etc.) across stores.
The greater the number of stores, products, customers, orders, etc., the higher is the complexity and risk inherent in a BigCommerce Multi-Storefront migration. As stated earlier, you will need plenty of time and know-how to do this migration the right way without disrupting business.
If you don’t have that know-how or the time to learn how to do this right, or if you’re looking to speed up the BigCommerce MSF migration and reduce your risk at the same time, the StrikeTru solution is just right for you.
Data Profiling and Quality Checks
Catalog Migration into MSF
Catalog Consolidation and Review
- Products, variants, brands, categories, digital assets
- Related products, pricing, custom fields, meta fields
Non-catalog Migration into MSF
Automatic Error Handling
- Orders with missing products or customers
- Orders with bad shipping or address data
Managed Services by StrikeTru
Migrate quickly and easily to BigCommerce Multi-Storefront (MSF)
Minimize store downtime with our phased migration approach
Zero Risk & Complexity
Eliminate risk and complexity involved in a manual migration to MSF
Lossless & Error-Free
Migrate to MSF without errors or data loss at an affordable cost
Higher Visibility & Control
Migrate to MSF using a highly controlled, visible, and repeatable process
Leverage a guided process to identify and resolve legacy data issues
Fully Functional BigCommerce PIM
Leverage PIM pre-loaded with your MSF catalog to scale content efforts
How it works?
Our BigCommerce MSF migration solution leverages high-automation, master data management principles, and APIs to consolidate multiple individual storefronts into a Multi-Storefront. Combined with a turnkey migration process managed by our migration experts, the whole process is designed to complete quickly and predictably. Here is a high-level overview of the phased migration approach:
- Profile individual storefronts data, identify data quality issues (automated)
- Stage consolidated catalog data and identified conflicts in PIM (automated)
- Review and cleanse product data (in PIM, by client)
- Sync catalog data from PIM to MSF (automated)
- Consolidate and sync non-catalog data into MSF (automated)
- Configure store-specific settings like payment, shipping, and tax (manually in MSF, by client)
- Cutover to new BigCommerce MSF store
Migration Process Flow
Categories & brands
Customers & customer groups
Automatic & coupon promotions
Custom signup form fields
User accounts & permissions
You would qualify for the MSF migration service if:
- You have fewer than 25,000 products in each storefront
- You have less than 250 variants for a given product
- You have less than 100 categories on your MSF storefront
- You have up to 1,000 products per category
- You have up to 200 orders per minute in each storefront
Want to know more about the significant operational and financial benefits of BigCommerce Multi-Storefront?Read this article
StrikeTru is a deep expert in eCommerce Data Migration projects, and high-automation is a key component of our approach to data migrations. With our turnkey solution, you can accelerate your BigCommerce Multi-Storefront migration process so your digital transformation or IT modernization programs get off to a quick start and not get stuck in lengthy and expensive migration projects.
- Deep domain expertise in data and eCommerce industry
- Deep BigCommerce platform expertise
- Significant experience working with BigCommerce merchants of all sizes
- Multiple data migration solutions for BigCommerce merchants (for V2 to V3 Store Migration, MSF Migration, BigCommerce to PIM Data Migration, and PIM to BigCommerce Data Synchronization)
- End-to-end delivery capabilities (Technology, Data, and Commerce)
- High-touch managed Services (for migration and other solutions)
BigCommerce MSF Migration – Pricing Packages
Our turnkey solution is designed to eliminate time-consuming and error-prone manual migration. Choose a package based on your requirements.Learn More
BigCommerce V2-V3 Product Data Migration App
Migrate BigCommerce V2 store to a V3 store with minimal efforts with our Product data migration app that can automate the process for you.Learn More
TruPIM – Truly Built for BigCommerce
A highly automated SaaS PIM that helps you hyperscale your BigCommerce content operations and create a single source of truth for your product data. Sign up for a 14-day free trial!Learn More