- What is PIM?
- A Product Information Management (PIM) solution is a tool that provides a single place to collect, manage, and enrich your product data, create and distribute your product catalogs, to various sales channels like ecommerce platforms & online marketplaces. A PIM solution makes it easy to get to market faster with high-quality data for compelling customer experiences.
- What is DAM?
- A Digital Asset Management (DAM) solution is a system used for creating a systematic record of all your digital assets (photos, videos, graphics, PDFs, templates, and other digital content) that is easy to find, use & reuse across the organization. A DAM helps centralize, store, organize and distribute digital assets efficiently and quickly.
- What is Widen DAM for Akeneo PIM connector?
- With this two-way sync, professional, enterprise grade connector you can automatically transfer digital assets managed in Widen DAM into Akeneo PIM, links those assets to products in PIM, enrich assets in DAM with product data retrieved from PIM, and expire digital assets in DAM based on product status maintained in PIM.
- Why do I need both PIM and DAM?
- A DAM tool can optimize digital workflows for a consistent brand presence and high-quality product content. A PIM is designed to easily collect, enrich and optimize product information so marketers can focus on growing product assortments & responding to market trends fast. Existing PIM or DAM users aren’t able to fully optimize for omnichannel commerce due to the lack of integration between the two platforms. Integrating PIM and DAM means:
- your brand & products are jumping off the digital shelf,
- lowering the cost of content delivery throughout the content lifecycle and
- delivering exceptional multi-channel commerce experiences.
- Who is this connector for?
- Sales teams, Marketers, Digital Agencies, Ecommerce companies, Distributors, Suppliers, Enterprise customers, Retailers, Manufacturers and more. This connector is extremely beneficial for customers:
- looking for a joint PIM and DAM solution like this one
- have Akeneo PIM currently and want a connected DAM system
- have Widen DAM currently and want a connected PIM system
- What type of digital assets does it support?
- Manage all types of product assets (images, videos, sheets, etc.), and sub types (silo image, environmental image, brand logo, swatch, assembly instructions, warranty sheet, etc.).
- Does it support a reverse sync from PIM to DAM?
- Yes, this the connector supports both DAM to PIM and PIM to DAM sync.
- How to get started?
- StrikeTru will install, configure, and support Akeneo PIM with Widen DAM integration to help automate your digital asset management and transfer processes for multi-channel commerce. Get started and receive the latest version of an executable JAR file and connector configuration files for a quick one-time setup. You may also choose to deploy a StrikeTru hosted version of the connector. Contact us.
- Is support included?
- Yes, unlimited free support, training and upgrades are included with the connector. We will keep the connector compatible with all upcoming Akeneo PIM and Widen releases. We will also be adding additional features that will be provided for free including updates with each major Akeneo PIM release.
- What metadata will sync between Widen & Akeneo?
|Attributes & Metadata sync from PIM to DAM and|
DAM to PIM as applicable
|DAM to PIM sync||PIM to DAM sync|
(Image SKU, Image angle, Image shot #, photographer name)
- I am using the older version of Akeneo software, will the connector work for me?
- The connector is100% API based compatible with all Akeneo editions – Community, Growth, Enterprise (On-Prem, Cloud Flexibility, and Cloud Serenity). It is also compatible with smallPIM by StrikeTru.
- Does asset synchronization need to be real-time or can it be scheduled?
- Both. If you want to sync your data on-demand, more or less often, you can manually adjust the sync frequency.
- What is smallPIM and is this connector compatible with it?
- smallPIM is an affordable SaaS PIM solution powered by Akeneo PIM Community Edition. It is a fully managed service that is ideal for a budget-conscious merchant that wants an affordable PIM backed by expert deployment and customer support services.
- Will you support my customization needs?
- Yes, we can implement any custom, including complex, requirements. Just contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your customization requirements.
- Can I get a trial version of the connector?
- Yes, we offer a 14-Day risk free trial! You will get limited two-week access to a Widen DAM Akeneo PIM to explore how the connector works. Contact us to get started.