If you’re a typical PIM customer, you must be selling hundred or thousands of products via one or more channels. Each of your products likely has a variety of digital assets – images (silos, environmentals, etc), videos, product sheets (warranty, assembly instructions, safety sheets, etc.), and more. You probably don’t use a DAM to organize, store, and manage these assets systematically. Even if you use a DAM like Widen, preparing and transferring digital assets into PIM, linking them to applicable product SKUs, and synchronizing them to various digital channels is often a manual and error-prone process. Such an inefficient process often has a negative impact on digital customer experiences and sales. Not to mention, it is also a costly and complex operation to execute these operations using legacy processes.
A robust integration between DAM and PIM systems will help transfer product related digital assets automatically from DAM into PIM and onto digital channels. It can also transfer key product information from PIM into DAM to minimize manual data entry of asset meta-data, and can enable efficient asset operations (search, enrich, update, expire, delete, etc.) in DAM.
StrikeTru’s Widen DAM for Akeneo connector does just that. It automatically transfers digital assets managed in Widen DAM into Akeneo PIM, links those assets to products in PIM, enriches assets in DAM with product data retrieved from PIM, and expires digital assets in DAM based on product status maintained in PIM. It leverages APIs to integrate Widen DAM and Akeneo PIM. It can be deployed on-premise, and is also available as a cloud offering.
- Compatible with all Akeneo editions – Enterprise, Community, Cloud Flexibility, and Cloud Serenity
- Leverages Widen DAM and Akeneo PIM APIs
- Highly configurable
- Auto transfers asset and metadata between Widen and Akeneo
- Transfers multiple asset types into PIM – Images, Videos, Product Sheets, Brand Logos, Swatches, etc.
- Auto links assets to products in PIM
- Transfers various metadata to enrich assets in DAM – Product Category, Color, Size, Vendor, Collection, etc.
- Configurable attribute mappings (DAM to PIM, PIM to DAM)
- Auto-expires assets in DAM based on product data in PIM
- Email reporting of asset errors (bad filenames, sync issues, etc.)
How it works
The following screenshots illustrate asset and meta-data synchronization between Widen DAM and Akeneo PIM systems.
Product Assets Managed in DAM
Product Data in PIM (Before Asset Sync from DAM)
Product Data in PIM (After Asset Sync from DAM)
Product on Website (After Product Sync from PIM)
Data in PIM (i.e. Metadata for Assets in DAM)
Asset Metadata in DAM (Sourced from PIM)
Asset Expiration in DAM
- A product discontinued in PIM triggers expiration of related assets in DAM
- Expiration performed by updating Expiration Date and/or Asset Group
In addition to current functionality, we can implement your own custom digital asset management and transfer process requirements. Please contact us for more details.
- Akeneo PIM version >= 1.7
- A Widen DAM Account
StrikeTru can install, configure, and support Widen DAM for Akeneo extension to integrate Akeneo PIM with Widen DAM to help automate your digital asset management and transfer processes for multi-channel commerce.