The implementation approach to Riversand Ascend PIM is fundamentally a game changer with an emphasis on speed and quick value realization via a “lightweight” model.
Rather than emphasizing deadlines to get projects started, it focuses on bringing the right players into the room to get the solution personalized in a few weeks. It’s about identifying the first set of products or items you need to onboard so you can syndicate to your sales channels quickly. Fundamentally, it is allowing customers to focus on growing the business without getting stuck in lengthy and costly implementations.
Launch – The system comes ready-to-use in 1-2 weeks. Customers can log in and start to review the default data structure, workflows, business rules, import/export profiles, user roles & security etc. This is the “launch” phase.
Personalize – After the launch comes the “personalize” phase. This is where the Riversand Ascend PIM solution is customized as per the needs of the customer. Again, rather than implementing from scratch, it involves tweaking or changing the out-of-the-box configuration to tailor it to the customer’s needs.
Integrate – Once the “personalize” phase is done, additional tasks can be started – integrations, onboarding of additional users, additional data migrations, additional business rules, UI personalization etc.
Here are a few more details about the personalize phase:
Personalize, as the name suggests, is about personalizing the Riversand Ascend PIM solution to your specific business needs. The section below gives an idea about the level of customization possible with the Riversand Ascend PIM solution.
- Disable/Enable workflows: Let’s say you only need the new product introduction, Item update and Item Discontinue workflows. In this personalization phase you can disable the other workflows and keep only the ones that you need. In case you need the other workflows in future you can simply enable those.
- Change the step label: You can change the display label of the workflow step.
- Change the roles configuration: You may want to have an additional role participate in a workflow step; you can do it.
- Workflow task sequence: You can alter the task sequence as you see fit based on your business process.
- Change attributes groups
- Attribute labels
- Remove/Disable certain entities
- Disable contexts not applicable
- Add contexts
- Disable the rules not needed
- Add specific governance rules
- Change the help text of rules
User security and role permissions:
- Change the labels of roles
- Change the role permissions
- Add users
Here are a few more details about the Integrate/Extend phase:
This is an optional phase based on the client’s readiness and goals.
A PIM system is not much use unless it’s integrated to at least one of your channels and maybe at least one internal system. By integrating the PIM system to other applications /tools you truly realize the return on your investments.
We typically recommend connecting your ERP system to get the base product information into PIM. On the syndication /outbound side we recommend that customers integrate PIM with their eCommerce system. Integrations are discussed – data attributes, transformations needed, frequency etc. Based on the customer needs solution assessment is done and presented. In some cases, a ready-made connector solution is utilized.
Do you have questions about which PIM solution is the right one for your business?