- INSTALL & LAUNCH THE APP
1. Go to https://www.bigcommerce.com/apps/ to access the BigCommerce Marketplace. TYPE “V2-V3 Product Migration App by StrikeTru” in the search bar.
2. CLICK on the “GET THIS APP“ button to install the app in your BigCommerce store.
3. CLICK on the ‘Confirm’ button to start using the App.
NOTE: Visit the BigCommerce V2-V3 Migration App Installation guide for further information about the installation instructions.
- READ INSTRUCTIONS & AGREEMENT
1. READ the “Instructions” tab to confirm the app is compatible with your migration needs.
2. CLICK the check-box “I Accept” and “Agree & Continue“ button.
- SET-UP CONFIGURATIONS
1. CLICK on the “Configuration” tab.
2. CONFIRM your V2 store credentials that are automatically generated.
3. CLICK on the “Test Connection” button to verify the connection. You will be prompted with Connection successful. Wrong Credentials error will appear if the details are incorrect.
4. For V3 Sandbox Store credentials, TYPE your “V3 Store Hash” & “V3 Access Token“.
5. CLICK on the “Test Connection” button to verify the connection. You will be prompted with Connection successful. Wrong Credentials error will appear if the details are incorrect.
6. CLICK the “Save” button once connections are successful.
- MIGRATE PRODUCT DATA (Step 1: Profile Catalog Data & Migrate Products to V3 Sandbox)
NOTE: The migration process involves 6 steps. Before starting the migration process, DELETE existing product data in the V3 sandbox store.
a. CLICK on the “Start” button. The app will transfer V2 data to the V3 sandbox. The progress on transformation will be displayed in the text Status message.
b. CLICK on the “Download Catalog Reports” button. Reports will be enabled once the transfer of product data is completed.
c. REVIEW reports: Configurable Fields Report, Option Report, Option Set Report, Product Exception Report, Product Option Report, Product Rule Report
NOTE: We process standard product data from V2 to V3 sandbox store for your review.
- MIGRATE PRODUCT DATA (Step 2: Disable Google Shopping)
NOTE: Be sure to back-up your V2 store and keep your store in Maintenance mode until Step 6 is completed.
a. DISABLE Google Shopping for your products and categories manually if applicable. Click here for instructions.
b. CLICK the “Disable Google Shopping Completed” button even if 2a is not applicable.
- MIGRATE PRODUCT DATA (Step 3: Unlink V2 Option Sets & Delete V2 Configurable Fields)
a. CLICK the “Start” button to unlink all options and option sets of the products and delete configurable field data associated with them.
b. VIEW “Status Message” section that displays the details of unlinking/deletion of option sets/configurable products
c. CLICK the “Download Error Report” button. This will be enabled once unlinking and deletions are completed.
- MIGRATE PRODUCT DATA (Step 4: Update Current User V2 Interface to V3 Experience)
a. CLICK the “Update Now” button on the banner shown at an individual product level screen in your BigCommerce V2 store to update the UI to the V3 experience.
b. CLICK on the “Update Completed” button once your UI is updated to the V3 experience.
Note: If you’re still unable to see the banner after performing step 3, contact [email protected] for help.
- MIGRATE PRODUCT DATA (Step 5: Convert V2 Products to V3)
a. CLICK the “Convert” button to convert product data from V2 to V3 (Variant option, Variants, and Modifiers).
b. VIEW the “Status Message” section that displays the count of converted products.
c. CLICK the “Download Conversion Report” button. This will be enabled once product conversion is completed.
- MIGRATE PRODUCT DATA (Step 6: Enable Google Shopping)
a. ENABLE Google Shopping manually if applicable.
b. CLICK the “Enable Google Shopping Completed” button even if 6a is not applicable.
Note: On completion of Step 6, turn off the maintenance mode.